For those of you who don’t recognise the frankly bizarre character above, it is Pinky Punky from “Mallet’s Mallet”, a crazy game brought to us in the 1980s by one Timmy Mallet. This was a rowdy and somewhat confusing game featured on Wackaday, an anarchic Saturday morning kids T.V programme. If you’ve never seen it, I’d highly recommend checking it out on Youtube, but not before trying out our very own version of it, please see below for rules and explanations.
Rules for Mallets Mallet Monday
- To kick off, I will name a book to be read.
- Any person may take up the challenge but only one will be chosen to read and review it on a first come first served basis.
- The chosen one then has two weeks in which to read the book and complete a brief review of it (No longer than 300 words please).
- Having done so they must then recommend the next read but here’s the rub, it must somehow be linked to the book that they have just read, hence the Mallet’s Mallet part. And by that I don’t mean something weak like, “Both the main characters have a brother.” The link has to be something really meaty…and by that I mean interesting, funny, quirky or just plain crackalacking.
- The link can be related to either the book or the author, or something else entirely if it’s brilliant enough.
- The new read must be no longer than 300 pages…after all your successor has only a week in which to read it.
- Don’t be mean and recommend a terrible book, like DIY for dummies or 50 shades of Grey.
- Enjoy yourself.
- And finally, don’t write a better review than me, for obvious reasons
- When you have posted your review I will give you a mark out of a hundred for the review and then another mark out of a hundred for your link to the next book. Your score will then be entered on a leaders board, the winner of which at the end of the year will get massive kudos (obviously) and a round of applause or a virtual pat on the back, whichever they prefer.
- And so with no further ado, check out this week’s Mallet’s Mallet choice on the main website and leave a comment if you wish to take part.
Name Review Recommendation Total